This section will give you an overview of my Scouting life, some key achievements, and below a list of my roles and international events attended.
First Steps in the Troop
I have been involved in Scouting ever since joining my local troop as a Cub Scout. I progressed through the different age sections, and took on roles serving Scouting early on: first as a patrol leader for my Scout group, then as a cub leader and a deputy troop leader.
Getting Involved in the District
While I continued enjoying my local troop life, I became gradually more involved in state-level Scouting: in 2011 I became a member of the District Board and Commissioner for International Affairs in the State of Bavaria where I focused on providing troops with international and intercultural programs and exchanges, and significantly increased the number of young people benefiting from international education.
Volunteering on National Level
In 2013 I started getting involved on national level in my National Scout Association where I revitalized our international program work as leader of the international team and became International Commissioner in 2016, as the first woman in this role. During my time I focused on bringing international programs into our core educational offers, and successfully managed to mainstream WOSM resources, trainings, and frameworks into the work of the national board and the entire organization. As part of my work I also led the design and implementation of a comprehensive young delegates program to promote youth involvement in our WOSM and WAGGGS work.
Entering the WOSM World
Starting in 2017 I became active in the European Region of WOSM and on global level beyond my work as International Commissioner: for example I co-initiated the European Jamboree 2020 and provided support and guidance as WOSM’s lead volunteer to the host, the Polish Guiding and Scouting Association ZHP. I was also invited to share my governance and institutions expertise and consequently chair several Regional Scout Conferences.
Further, I took on the role of WOSM’s global lead volunteer for communications and strategic partnerships, enabling several teams, units and projects in the past four years. Many forward-thinking initiatives have emerged from this, including the first-ever World Scout Academy which responded to the COVID-19 crisis, the Global Scouting Communications Network, an online exchange and learning community for NSO communicators, and the Youth Representatives, a highly skilled group of young people to advance Scouting’s advocacy efforts.
Overview of Roles and International Events
- 2020 – present / Lead Volunteer for the global Communication and Strategic Partnership projects in the Express Plan
- 2017 – 2020 / Lead Volunteer for the global workstream on Communication and Strategic Partnerships in the Triennial Plan
- 2020 / Lead Volunteer for the World Scout Academy as part of the „100 Day COVID Response Plan“
- 2019 / WOSM Lead Volunteer for Communications, Partnerships and the Global Development Village at the World Scout Jamboree (West Virginia, USA)
- 2017 – 2021 / WOSM Lead Volunteer for the European Jamboree 2020
- 2020 / Vice-Chairperson of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Eurasia Scout Conference (Kiev, Ukraine)
- 2019 / Co-Chairperson of the European Scout Conference (Split, Croatia)
- 2019 – present / Chair of multiple National Assemblies
- 2016 – 2018 / International Commissioner and Member of the National Board
- 2016 – 2019 / Member of the European Youth Forum’s working group on diversity and inclusion on behalf of Scouting in Germany
- 2014 – 2016 / European External Representative for the German Youth Council on behalf of Scouting in Germany
- 2014 – 2015 / Woodbadge Trainer
- 2013 – 2016 / Lead of the International Team
- 2010 – 2014 / Member of the Regional Board and Commissioner for International Affairs in the State of Bavaria
- 2020 / WOSM Global Triennial Plan Development Meeting, Malaysia (participant)
- 2020 – 2021 / A number of digital formats such as WOSM Townhalls and Campfires (participant and speaker)
- 2019 / World Non-Formal Education Forum, Brazil (WOSM team)
- 2019 / European Scout Conference und European Guide and Scout Conference, Croatia (Co-Chairperson)
- 2019 / World Scout Jamboree, North America (WOSM lead volunteer for communications and partnerships)
- 2018 / Global WOSM Consultants Training, Tunisia (trainer)
- 2017 / World Scout Conference, Azerbaijan (delegate)
- 2017 / 70th Annual Meeting of the World Scout Foundation (host team and Young BP Fellow)
- 2017 / International Commissioners Network Meeting, UK (participant)
- 2016 / European Scout Conference und European Guide and Scout Conference, Norway (delegate)
- 2014 / Facilitator training for the WAGGGS program „Free Being Me“ (participant)
- 2014 / Young Spokesperson Training, Czechia (participant)
- 2014 / World Scout Conference, Slovenia (delegate)
- 2014 / World Scout Youth Forum, Slovenia (delegate)
- 2013 / European Scout Conference und European Guide and Scout Conference, Germany (host team and observer)
- 2013 / European Scout Symposium, Ireland (observer)
- 2010 / World Scout Moot, Kenia (participant)
- 2007 / World Scout Jamboree, UK (participant)
- A number of German-speaking Conferences since 2011